Dubai is one of the most lucrative destinations for business of every kind. From pharmaceuticals to food and perfume to media, you can strike gold in any sector or industry thanks to the booming economy, business-friendly environment and support from the government. If you are an entrepreneur with a flair for creative elements, a media company business setup in Dubai might be the perfect choice for you. With Dubai Media City, kick off your media company business in Dubai with ease. Here is everything you need to know about media company business setup in Dubai.
The process to start media company in Dubai
To set up a media company in Dubai, you would need to obtain approval from the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone (DTMFZ) Authority. The following steps are to be taken for setting up a media company in Dubai:
- You need to submit an application form online to the DTMFZ for approval.
- Once the application is approved, you need to submit all the necessary legal documents and their photocopies. DTMFZ will then provide you with a customer confirmation letter.
- You need to sign and forward the customer confirmation letter and make the necessary payments.
- Sign the Memorandum of Association in the presence of the company’s shareholders.
- Submit the full share capital. The minimum share capital for media company business setup in Dubai is AED 50,000.
- Sign the sponsorship agreement and lease upon which you will receive the license.
Documents required for media company business setup in Dubai
The following documents are required to be submitted for obtaining license for setting up media company business in Dubai:
- Duly filled application form for company registration
- Duly filled application form for license
- Business plan
- Original Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Colour photocopies of passport of directors, managers and legal representatives
- Board Resolution
- Proof of share capital
- NOC from residency visa sponsor
- Managers’ specimen signature
- Proof of license and registration fee
Benefits of setting up a media company in Dubai?
Dubai is the land of opportunities and growth and setting up a media company in Dubai helps you reap plenty of benefits such as:
- 100% ownership of business
- No/low corporate tax and no personal tax
- Cluster working atmosphere ideal for media company
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Accessibility to world class infrastructural facilities
- No charges of import duty
What is Dubai Media City?
Dubai Media City is a community of the largest media companies in the UAE and in the world. In 25 buildings, the leading radio, television, print and advertising companies of the world such as Forbes, Sony, CNN, etc. as well as freelancers and startups co-exist to form one of the biggest media hubs in the world. For any aspiring entrepreneur looking for a media company business setup in Dubai, the Dubai Media City with its unlimited potential for talent acquisition and collaboration, provides the most fertile ground for growth.
Types of companies you can set up in Dubai Media City
- Media services
- Media consultancy
- Media associations
- Advertising and communication
- Marketing consultancy
- Event management
- Business information
Different types of licenses for media company business setup in Dubai
There are various types of media licenses available for media companies in Dubai Media City, as enumerated below:
- TV/Radio broadcasting license
- Publishing license
- Film distribution or management license
- Media and marketing services license
- Music and entertainment license
- News agency license
- Web design license
These are the many things you need to know about media company business setup in Dubai. If you wish to start a media business in Dubai, it is better to seek the help of an expert who can help you through all these stipulations and processes to ensure your foundation as a media company in Dubai is rock solid. Get all the necessary information and your doubts cleared with the best business setup service company in Dubai, Kiltons Business Setup Services LLC. Check out our range of services and connect with us here to get your media company business license in Dubai.