Open Grocery Store in Dubai
Dubai has a large populace with a high per capita income. People from around the world arrive in the emirate predominantly in search of employment and business opportunities. The grocery store business in Dubai is undoubtedly the best option to commence your entrepreneurial journey. It can be started in comparatively low investment and could be expanded subsequently. By providing quality products and fresh food items, the store can register promising development in a quick time. The advantages of grocery business setup in dubai include :
- Immense growth prospects
- Large number of customers who can afford expensive items as well
- Big market to explore
- Constantly increasing expat population is beneficial for the grocery business in Dubai
- Easy grocery business setup process
- Unfussy regulations make obtaining a grocery store license in Dubai a simple process
Rules to Obtain a Grocery License
A grocery business setup in Dubai can be concluded without any impediments as the authority is supportive. Both ex-pat and resident businesspersons can consider commencing a grocery business in the emirate after identifying the right location that is conducive for growth. However, every aspirant needs to observe certain directives and rules for getting a grocery license in Dubai.
The rules and regulations for commencing grocery store business in Dubai include:
- Department of Economic Development (DED) is the authority to peruse and approve the application, issue licenses, and monitor the grocery store business. Approval has to be obtained beforehand in case you are planning marketing campaigns, advertisements, hoardings and so on.
- The grocery store in Dubai or UAE must be transparent regarding the return, replacement or refund of the product once sold. The same has to be communicated to the customer in an unambiguous manner.
- Proper invoice must be issued for all the sales. The sale data has to be available for the authorities to inspect if the requirement arises.
- The grocery store in Dubai must stay away from selling fake or duplicate products and brands.
- Obtain approval on the trading name. The subject name must be used in invoices, all the communications with the customer or the authority, marketing plans and other relevant occasions.
- A business with a grocery license in Dubai is not authorized to sell medical and pharmaceutical products.
- Special approval from the DED has to be obtained for those grocery stores in Dubai, which plan to conduct business after 12 AM or around the clock.
- Check that the products you sell have a manufacturing and expiry date, maximum retail price, name and address of the manufacturer mentioned on them.
- The grocery license in Dubai will have details of items that can be sold through the store. Never try to sell products other than those mentioned in the license. It can result in the cancellation of the license or a heavy fine.
- Special discounts and offers on grocery products need prior approval from the authority.
- The goods with a trademark must register with the Ministry of Economy and Commerce in the UAE.
- Location change of grocery stores can be undertaken only after approval from the authority.
- Toys, vegetables, pots and other similar items are not permitted to be on display.
How to Set Up a Grocery Business in Dubai?
You can start a grocery business in Dubai by pursuing the simple procedure laid down by the authority. The documents that are to be submitted for grocery store license in Dubai and grocery license fee have been clearly promulgated by the authority. Therefore, the entrepreneur will not have any uncertainty regarding any of those. Our professional team will always be there to support you. And will undertake the complete process on behalf of you. The steps involved in setting up a grocery store business in UAE are elaborated below:
Identify the Location
Identifying and finalizing the location to start a grocery business in Dubai is vital. Lack of awareness about the ideal location to set up a grocery store can turn detrimental to the growth of your business. Reach out to us for expert advice on the right location and help with hiring the space.
Arrange the Documents
The grocery business in Dubai may necessitate approvals from the Municipality, Ejari and tenancy contract, preparation of individual documents including copies of visa and passport and so on. Prepare all these docs before going ahead with the submission.
Register the Trade Name
The trade name has to be in accordance with the specifications by the DED. Submit the trade name to the DED and obtain approval. It will be rejected if the trading or business name violates any of the regulation or policy guidelines from the authority.
Obtain a trading license in Dubai for the grocery business in Dubai and commence the operations. The other formalities, including visa, could be pursued subsequently.
Kiltons Business Setup services for Grocery Business Setup in Dubai
We have been one of the leading business setup services not only in Dubai but also in the entire UAE. With more than two decades of experience in business setup in Dubai , you can rely on us to deliver you excellent support. We would undertake all the formalities on behalf of you, for starting a grocery business in Dubai.
To set up a grocery business in Dubai, talk to us today.