Diversification of business sectors and opening new arenas for investment is of paramount importance for a healthy economy. It would pave way for the magnificent development of the nation as well. UAE has been shifting its prime focus from the oil and gas sector and implementing amendments to attract investments in other fields.
The introduction of Green Visa, Golden Visa and Multi-entry Visa has been a few decisive steps in this direction. Catering to infuse energy by attracting more expat investments in businesses in the digital sphere, tourism, medical sector, infrastructure development etc has been the predominant aim of the visionary leadership of the UAE.
A 5-year multi-entry visa has been introduced as a shot in the arm for the tourism field. The possibility of visiting the country multiple times with a multi-entry visa of 5-year validity would definitely boost tourism in the country.
Being one of the top tourist destinations in the world, UAE possesses extensive potential in the area. A wonder world of extravagant recreation activities, mesmerizing locations and man-made wonders, the country outperforms most of the other developed nations.
Facts about the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa of 5-Year Validity
The multiple-entry tourist visa of 5-year validity was initially touted during Expo 2020. It led to a widespread laurel and was presumed to be a definite move in the right direction. The government machinery has been in the formulation of policy amendments, the inclusion of guidelines and preparation of procedure even before that, it seems.
The five-year, multi-entry UAE tourist visa announcement was made on 21st March 2021.
- Official promulgation of the introduction of this new visa scheme, multi-entry tourist visa with a 5-year validity, was issued on 21st March 2021.
- As it is known, the visa would be valid for a duration of five years.
- The cabinet meeting chaired by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and the Ruler of Dubai, issued the final approval for the multi-entry visa.
- Visa eligibility conditions do not single out any nation. Every individual irrespective of his or her nationality can apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa if s/he meets the requisite criteria.
- The applicant must have a minimum of $4000 in his or her bank account in the last six months.
- Although a single stay is allowed up to 90 days, the individual can continue for 90 days more on obtaining approval from the competent authority.
- The expat would be self-sponsoring the visa.
- The person can enter/ exit the UAE unlimited times.
- The five-year periodicity calculation will be from the first entry of the person to the UAE.
These are the known details about the newly promulgated multiple-entry tourist visa in UAE. More details would be clear once the full-fledged process commences. We understand the eligibility conditions would be the same as the existing UAE tourist visa.
How to Apply?
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (commonly known as ICA) is the authorized organization to implement the visa regulation, management, issuance and monitoring of the five-year multi-entry tourist visa in UAE. The person applying for this visa must have at least $4000 (or equivalent amount in any currency) in their bank account in the last six months.
Any individual can apply for the visa on the ICA website without any confusion. The steps for the application are unfussy and very clear. Alternatively, you may reach out to us in case of any kind of support for obtaining a multi-entry tourist visa in the UAE.
Let’s see the steps for the application for a multiple-entry tourist visa.
- Log in to the official website of ICA.
- The applicant must fill the visa application providing the details including name, service required, beneficiary details, address s/he is planning to stay in UAE, and address of the individual in the home country.
- Upload all the documents proving the statements made by the applicant. These include a recent passport size colour photograph, copy of passport, medical insurance, and bank statement for the previous six months.
- Once you have entered the details and uploaded the documents, review the application.
- Pay the requisite fee for the multiple-entry tourist visa.
- The approved visa would be delivered to your email id.
Benefits of Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
There are several persons from countries across the globe, who visit UAE for various activities and recreational purposes. The multiple-entry tourist visa is going to be a blessing for such individuals. It would reduce the repeated application and approval process, as well as cut down the expenses phenomenally.
The benefits of a multi-entry tourist visa include the following:
- Enter multiple times in UAE on self-sponsorship and reside in the country for 90 days on each visit
- Tourists can extend their visit to another 90 days.
- The multi-entry visa enables UAE residents to bring their family to visit the country, something that was difficult with the previously available tourist visas.
- No headache of repeated applications in the case of citizens visiting UAE frequently
- Increased possibility of a higher number of visitors to the country
- Total fee for the visa is less than in the case of applying repeatedly
- People from any country around the world can make use of this facility
Costs Involved & Validity
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has determined the Multi-entry visa application fee as Dh 650 (approx. $177 and ₹13250). Further, the person applying must have a minimum of $4,000 (approx. ₹3,00,000) in their bank account in the last six months. Perhaps, this is the only stringent regulation regarding the multiple-entry tourist visa program introduced by the UAE government.
It has been specified that the visa would be valid for a period of five years, calculating from the date of first entry. The individual can stay up to 90 days in the UAE in a single visit. If it needs extension, the individual can put up a request to the authority. The tourist can stay for a maximum period of 180 days in a single entry on approval from the authority.
Do you have any further doubts regarding UAE 5 year multi-entry visa?
Just get in touch with us. Kiltons has been a prominent firm offering visa support and business setup services in the UAE. Our proficient executives will help you understand the subtle aspects of the visa program, besides helping you to get one without any issues. To discuss more, contact us now.