The UAE has introduced a virtual work visa program aiming to rope in talented expats into the country. A hassle-free procedure has also been promulgated for the application. Expatriates can pursue the specific process depending on the region where they want to work. Definitely, the UAE virtual work visa is going to attract many professionals and benefit the country in strengthening their resources.
Presently, the remote work visa UAE is for a period of one year. It could be renewed on application. The expats can enter the country in self-sponsorship with this visa. A UAE virtual work visa allows the individual to work in the UAE remotely, abiding by the regulations stipulated by the visa.
Are you looking for a UAE remote visa?
This article will help you understand the application procedure for a Dubai remote work visa. Alternatively you can reach out to Kiltons for processing the remote work visa UAE on your behalf.
How to apply for a remote work visa from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and the Northern Emirates?
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) is the designated body for generic visa processing and approval. Aspirants wishing to work remotely in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah need to submit the request to ICA. Examining the request and associated documents, the authority would approve the UAE remote visa for the subject regions (emirates).
The process for remote work visa UAE for Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain, and Fujairah regions is:
- Register in ICA and log into the website of the authority (ica.gov.ae)
- Go to the tab smart services channel
- Login by entering the person ID and password
- Choose the service (remote work visa UAE)
- Enter individual details viz. Name, Passport Number, Emirates ID, Region etcetera
- Upload the documents sought
- Review the application, confirm there are no errors in the info entered
- Submit the application
- Pay the remote visa UAE fee
The officials will scrutinize the application and approve UAE virtual work if the expatriate meets the eligibility criteria and the documents substantiate the same.
Also Read: Dubai Employment Visa
How to apply for the remote work visa from Dubai?
The authority for approval of remote work visas in Dubai is not ICA, but Dubai Corporation of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM). Hence, the expats looking for Dubai virtual work visas should apply through DCTCM. The individual should log in to their website www.visitdubai.com, enter the details, upload the documents and pay the fees for the remote work visa in Dubai.
The stepwise process for remote work visa Dubai is:
- Login to www.visitdubai.com
- Fill the remote work visa Dubai application form with name, email address, contact details, country of residence, etc.
- Upload documents and submit the application
Expats can also seek approval for bringing their family to the UAE if their remote work visa Dubai is issued. Further updates in this regard are available on the website. You may go through the same or contact us to discuss the process for both virtual work visa in Dubai and bringing family to Dubai in the visa.
Also Read: Dubai Freelance Visa, UAE
What are the eligibility criteria to obtain a virtual work visa in UAE?
Expatriates meeting the laid down eligibility requirements can apply for remote work visas in UAE and Dubai. They can expect an expedited approval if all the documents are proper and the application is as per the promulgated procedure.
The eligibility criteria to obtain virtual work visa in Dubai and UAE is:
- The individual should hold a passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Valid health insurance
- If you are an employee, you must hold a minimum contract of one year with the company and must have a minimum salary of USD 5000 per month.
- The employee should attach the previous month’s salary slip and bank statements (of the preceding three months) for substantiating the claim.
- Entrepreneurs must submit the proof of the company along with the evidence indicating the ownership for a minimum period of one year.
- The minimum average monthly income should be USD 5000 (attach the preceding three month’s bank statement for proving the same).
Each expatriate should pay a fee of USD 287 plus medical insurance charges and processing fees for the remote work visa UAE.
Also Read: Dubai Investor Visa
Why Kiltons Business setup services?
Kiltons business setup services have been established to support expat entrepreneurs and employees in the best possible way. Commenced operations in 1999, we have been fortunate to support expats in materializing their entrepreneurial dreams. Our cordial relations with the ruling royal family and top officials aid us in extending the best support to our clients. We can provide you with the best support for remote work visas in the UAE.
Are you thinking of a virtual work visa in Dubai/ UAE?
Get in touch with us now for visa services in Dubai.