Many who are living in Dubai are ignorant of the rules to sponsor or hire a maid in Dubai. Kiltons, renowned as one of the leading business setup consultants in UAE explains the major procedures involved in recruiting a maid for those who are interested to know.
The job opportunities in Dubai are not limited to innovation and technology sectors where professionals have a major role. As the professionals are required to spend more time in their professional domain, matters related to domestic supervision remain unattended. And this scenario is one of the major underlying factors that provides job opportunities for domestic helpers or maids. Your limited presence or attention should not compromise the daily household chores. It will be a feasible option to appoint someone experienced and trustworthy to manage the activities like cooking meals, taking care of your kids etc. The demand for maids is growing exponentially in the UAE. But many of the residents are uninformed about the procedures and formalities connected with hiring a maid.
Obtaining a maid visa in Dubai enables an individual the legal sanction to work in a foreign nation as a maid or a domestic helper. And this legal sanction is mandatory. In the UAE, you may hire a maid from a list of countries but the rules vary depending upon the country. You have the opportunity to hire either a full-time or a part-time maid in Dubai, UAE.
Prerequisites to Hiring a Maid in Dubai
Any individual planning to hire a maid in Dubai or UAE should satisfy certain basic prerequisites. And they are listed below:
- You may hire a maid from the following group of countries. You are not supposed to recruit from a country which is not listed in the group.
- Sri Lanka
Apply for the Following
- Residence Visa
- Medical Fitness Report
- Emirates ID
- Domestic Worker card
- Residence stamp on Maid’s passport
Documents Needed to Acquire a Maid Visa
- Copy of maid’s passport and photo (passport size)
- Sponsor’s marriage certificate (attested)
- Labour Contract
- The sponsor is not supposed to have any relation with the maid. And this should be specified via an affidavit.
- Tenancy contract – that specifies the availability of 2 bedrooms.
- Both the sponsor and his spouse should submit the copy of respective passports.
- Sponsor’s IBAN
- The sponsor should submit the original Emirates ID
- Electricity bill of the sponsor
- Water bill of the sponsor
The requirements vary for sponsors who are UAE nationals or working in the private and government sector of the UAE. Refer to the GDRFA website for the latest information.
You are supposed to satisfy all the aforementioned prerequisites and documentation to acquire a maid visa. Violation of any rules or insufficient documentation can negatively affect maid visa approval.
Kiltons Business Setup Services LLC undertakes various visa services in Dubai for a wide variety of clients. We perfectly understand the relevance of Visa documentation for business clients.Kiltons Business setup Consultants provide cost-effective visa services related to Business Visa, Investor Visa, Employment Visa, Family Residence Visa, Tourist Visa and Freelance Visa.